What is Tumblr? Tumblr is a website that is a cross between the microblogging of Twitter and the social networking websites such as Facebook. Users who sign up can view other people’s blogs, create their own posts, follow other bloggers, ask or answer questions, send messages, and like or reblog other people’s posts. You cannot view Tumblr without being registered or signed in, but it is a very entertaining and interactive website worth checking out! Here is how you can get started.
You cannot view Tumblr without being registered or signed in, but it is a very entertaining and interactive website worth checking out! Here is how you can get started.
1) Go to tumblr.com
2) Fill out the three spaces underneath the Tumblr logo labeled Email Address,Password and URL.
3) The URL will be the address for your blog. So if you put “wmtools” in that tab, your blog will be found at wmtools.tumblr.com.
4) After you submit your choices, you will be directed to a page with a CAPTCHA to fill out.
5) Verify your account. Go to your email account and look for an email entitled “Tumblr verification email.” Open the email, and click the link in the email.
6) Go back to www.tumblr.com and see your front page or “dashboard” as it is known on tumblr.
7) You can always customize your tumblr by looking at the top of your page at the upper right hand and clicking the second to last icon that looks like a sprocket. This icon is the Preference Page. Here you can change your password, edit your preferences or customize your blog by clicking the large button called “Customize Blog”.
8) Discover where your interests are on Tumblr. On the upper right hand portion of your dashboard, you will see a space to enter in “tags” or keywords for what you find interesting. For example, if you like winter sports, you can type in “skiing,” and find blogs and blogs posts about skiing that you can like, follow or reblog.
9) The “Follow Button” allows you to “follow” or subscribe to another blogger on tumblr. This button is shaped like a plus sign next to the word follow.
10) The “Like Button” is a heart shape icon at the top of every individual blog post page. Click it in order to save it on the list of individual blog posts that you like.
11) The “Reblog Button” allows you to reblog a blog post; this means it will be the next post on your blog even though you did not originally post it.
The final step is creating original blog posts, and getting your tumblr blog started.
well done, you may read more tips to update your tumblr blog.